P11227: Formula Exhause Acoustic Tuning/public/
- Get input from sound/acoustic experts. We probably should have reached out to more people who were experts in this field and could have helped. We learned a great deal about acoustics but there are certainly still some questions that could be answered regarding acoustic propagation through the system.
- Need a team member with good programming skills, particularly in Assembly. We were really unable to program the DSP how we would have liked due to the fact that we simply did not have the expertise to do so. We proved the algorithm's accuracy in Matlab, but were never able to implement it in the actual product
- Microphone Selection- Microphones used were not
nearly up to par with the specs demanded for this
project. We had some experience with the Sterling Audio
ST31 microphone, but were unable to use in the final
product. We would recommend this microphone or similar
with these specs:
- Frequency Response 20-15,000 Hz
- Maximum Sound Pressure Level: 146dB
-Note: Require 48V phantom power and will require powering.