Table of Contents
WelcomeWelcome to the EDGE site.
EDGE -- The Engineering Design Guide and Environment -- is an open source integrated design environment to foster collaboration within design project teams, and across design teams working on families of closely related projects. Through this site, we hope to provide students, faculty, staff, and sponsors with tools and information to help them be successful in their design projects, and to learn about modern design and product development processes.
First-time users: click "Edit Info" next to your username (on left) to set-up user information and list of observed projects. All users should observe the EDGE project to gain quick access to the current node.
Browse Student Projects
Read about project tracks and project families.
To view active projects, browse current projects.
- Projects can also be listed and filtered by the Project Information script.
- Each project has its own 'home node', which is viewable by 'observing' your project ("Edit Info"). (It will then become visible on the left-hand side of the screen).
Browse previously completed projects in the archives.
Request for Proposals (4th year students)
Do you have an idea for a Senior Design project? Would you like to work on YOUR project next year? Would you like to get funding to support your project? If so, click here.
Senior Design Students and Faculty
Students enrolled in Multi-Disciplinary Senior Design I&II, offered through the CE, EE, ISE, and ME departments at RIT, should go to mycourses for course information and materials.
All project-specific information should be placed on this EDGE site under your project's home node. Go to current projects for links.
Senior Design Enrollment Projections
Design Project Management Students and Faculty
Visit DPM Home
Browse news associated with the Multidisciplinary Senior Design program.
- Help is located in Resources
- Basic Operations should help new users get accustomed with the EDGE site.
- Go to References for links to suppliers and regulatory agencies.
- Other help information can be found at Help Index
- Learn about Project Organization within the EDGE web site.
- Projects can be listed and filtered by using the Project Information script.
- Project members can communicate by using the email feature under "Groups" on the mycourses page for MSD I or the Bulk Email script.
Any problems or questions which can't be solved via the Resources project should be submitted to the bug tracker (bottom of left side column). You will need to create a Bugzilla account for the bug tracker if you have not yet used it.
Note Regarding Logging OutWhen you log out of EDGE (click "Non-secured view"), you may also need to exit your browser to be entirely logged out.
Information for Developers
The EDGE site is a way to facilitate the activities of the RIT Multidisciplinary Senior Design program (including all of its underlying courses). It should be an asset to all of the participants in the program, including faculty, students, sponsors, and interested third-parties. EDGE is a nascent open source project. If you are interested in joining the development team, please contact Dr. Hensel (email@example.com).
EDGE Public Home | EDGE Private Home | EDGE Help | EDGE Mission | EDGE Development | EDGE Distribution |