Table of Contents
Following the initial technical review at the end of Senior Design I, the design was modified and finalized. Some of the major changes are highlighted in the drawing below:
Finalized DesignAfter still more revisions following product testing, the finalized design was developed. In this design, the following improvements were made:
- The sand filter was removed in favor of just a cloth filter four layers thick. This can be constructed from old pairs of denim jeans.
- The tube was slightly angled in the box to aid tube drainage when not being used.
- The water outlet was changed back to two independent hoses inserted into two different holes through the end cap.
- The water inlet hole was drilled at an angle to eliminate a copper elbow and eliminate hose kinking issues.
- A solar system is provided with a 300 mA, 4.5 Watt solar panel and an 12 Volt, 8 AH sealed lead acid battery.
Drawing package: this contains all of the technical drawings
Final Bill of Materials: this is the final bill of materials including prices for all components
Tool list: this is a list of all tools required to construct the device
Final Product Specifications: these are the design values for the final specifications