Table of Contents
Customer requested milestones, progress reports, and expected product
Customer and Sponsor Involvement
A representative from the Nazareth PT Clinic will be available to answer questions for the RIT student team and will participate in all design reviews. This person will also provide supervision anytime the students are present in the PT Clinic and will be a liaison between the RIT team and the individuals undergoing therapy.
The device must, above all, be safe for both the rider and the accompanying physical therapist. It may be subject to FDA guidelines and ASTM standards on sports equipment.
- The design shall comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. The team's design project report should include references to, and compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- The design shall comply with all applicable RIT Policies and Procedures. The team's design project report should include references to, and compliance with all applicable RIT Policies and Procedures.
- Wherever practical, the design should follow industry standard codes and standards (e.g. Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS), FCC regulations, IEEE standards, and relevant safety standards as prescribed by IEC, including IEC60601). The team's design project report should include references to, and compliance with industry codes or standards.
Project Budget and Special Procurement Processes
The project budget is $1500, based on an initial assessment. The budget is somewhat flexible, but will require documentation from the team if an increase is requested.
All funding is provided under NSF Award No. BES-0527358. Students can make all purchases using the SDAPD credit card, provided they provide all purchase receipts weekly and maintain accurate and up-to-date budgets. Failure to provide accurate end-of-quarter budget and all purchase receipts will result in an I grade for the team until discrepancies are resolved.
- In addition to the deliverables specified for the general course requirements, the team will be required to submit a two-page summary to the guide at the end of SDII. The summary will be part of a compilation of RIT project descriptions published by NSF annually.
- The team will provide a detailed manual and, if requested by the customer, a training session for the physical therapy staff.