Table of Contents
Customer requested milestones, progress reports, and expected product
Customer and Sponsor Involvement
Describe role of customer and sponsor in the project, planned participation in design and project reviews, etc.
The team will be expected to carry out the vast majority of their interactions with the Team Guide. The sponsor will be available for a series of meetings during the course of the project, and will meet with a group of teams during the beginning of SD1 to lay out common goals, objectives, and philosophies for the sequence of projects. It is anticipated that the sponsor will meet with the team (or multiple related teams) for 2 hour meetings approximately 4 times during senior design 1, and twice during senior design 2. The sponsor will participate with team communications electronically, through the web site as well.
i.e. UL, IEEE, FDA, FCC, RIT
- The design shall comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. The team's design project report should include references to, and compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- The design shall comply with all applicable RIT Policies and Procedures. The team's design project report should include references to, and compliance with all applicable RIT Policies and Procedures.
- Wherever practical, the design should follow industry standard codes and standards (e.g. Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS), FCC regulations, IEEE standards, and relevant safety standards as prescribed by IEC, including IEC60601). The team's design project report should include references to, and compliance with industry codes or standards.
Project Budget and Special Procurement Processes
The project budget is $1500.
All funding is provided under NSF Award No. BES-0527358. Students can make all purchases using the SDAPD credit card, provided they provide all purchase receipts weekly and maintain accurate and up-to-date budgets. Failure to provide accurate end-of-quarter budget and all purchase receipts will result in an I grade for the team until discrepancies are resolved.
- In addition to the deliverables specified for the general course requirements, the team will be required to submit a two-page summary to the guide at the end of SDII. The summary will be part of a compilation of RIT project descriptions published by NSF annually.
- The team will provide a detailed manual and, if requested by the customer, a training session for the physical therapy staff.