P08003: Portable Obstacle Course/public/
Table of Contents
Product DescriptionThe portable obstacle course will provide a means to help physical therapy patients learn or re-learn how to maneuver over and around obstacles and surface transitions commonly found in the home. The customer envisions a final product that can be deployed when needed for therapy and stored when not needed. The product will be deployable in a variety of repeatable configurations to provide a means for measuring progress from one session to the next, while allowing for increasing levels of difficulty as patients' skill levels improve.
Key Business Goals
- Create a means for repeatable, measurable therapy
- Create a product that is practical for use in a typical physical therapy clinic
- Nazareth College Physical Therapy Clinic (Naz PT)
- Physical therapy facilities in general
Assumptions and Constraints
- Naz PT will be able to provide the team with one or two individuals currently undergoing therapy to act as customers.
- Naz PT will be able to provide information about their storage facilities by the project start date.
- Naz PT staff
- Naz PT patients
- Families of Naz PT patients
- PTs and their patients in general
- RIT Assistive Device family guides who wish to continue a working relationship with Naz PT staff on future projects