Table of Contents
This website describes the plan for the design and implementation of a wireless bio-signal controlled device. The purpose of this project is to use bio-signal technology to command a remote controlled device through wireless technology. This will be used to move an RC car for KGCOE events to promote different aspects of the electrical engineering department, specifically the biomedical program. This will also be a proof of concept for the ability of using fine control bio-signals for the use of assistive devices at a distance.
- Project Name
- Wireless Assistive Control System
- Project Number
- Start Term
- End Term
- Faculty Guide
- Dr. Edward Brown
- Faculty Consultants
- Dr. Daniel Phillips, Dr. Matthew Marshall
- Primary Customer
- Dr. Vincent J. Amuso
1 - Instructed control of vehicle's functions
- In this video the user is instructed to perform specific actions to control the vehicle. This illustrates the high level of control which the user can have over the vehicle.
2 - Navigating a course with way points
- In this video the user is given the objective of attempting to navigate the vehicle, touching a series of numbered sheets of paper. These destinations are to be reached sequentially, and are in close proximity to one another.
- Demo 1 - Instructed control of vehicle's functions
The user in the above videos had not had prior experience controlling the vehicle prior to filming.
Detail DesignDesign for Manufacturing and Assembly
- Strap Development
- Control System
- Wireless Communications
- RC Vehicle
- MATLAB Data Collection
- GUI - MATLAB Data Acquisition Front End
- Controller - LabVIEW Control System
- Vehicle - RC Vehicle Control Subsystems (Eclipse Project)