Identify Customer Needs
Table of Contents
Interviews and Assessments from the Customer and associates
- First I would like to introduce myself, my name is Aaron Burger and I am a
- mechanical engineering student at Rochester Institute of Technology. I am
- conducting this interview to gather information about the project that I will
- be working on. The project in question is the magnet mapping test rig for the
- Left Ventricle Assistant Device or LVAD. The person who I will be questioning
- is Dr. Steven Day.
- An informal interview was conducted with Jim Cezo, a RIT student who designed
- and works on the current testing device. Jim has great insight on how the test
- rig is ran and the problems that are associated with the device. The link below
- has a few of his assessments on the problems at hand.
The customer needs are related to the engineering needs through the metrics of the system. A printable table is provided which illustrates how the metrics of the customer's needs influences the engineering needs in greater depth. Open the link and save the spreadsheet to disk to open in excel
The hierarchy of needs list illustrates the Customer's needs and breaks down the needs into their hierarchy. A printable excel sheet is available which illustrates the needs and how the metrics influence each of the those needs. Open the link and save the spreadsheet to disk to open in excel