Table of Contents
Matrix Assisted Laser Desorption/Ionization Mass Spectrometry (MALDI) is used to examine organic tissue structures and properties. Tissues are coated with an organic solvent to prepare the tissue sample for MALDI imaging. The methods in which tissues are coated affect the image quality and resolution. The desire for high image quality drives the need for advanced coating devices.
Understanding thin film coating process will lead to improved coating devices, which is critical for high image quality. Designing different coating devices will help better understand the tissue coating dynamics.
This senior design project will provide the basic platform for a MS thesis project.
|Mouse Embryo||Brain Tissue|
- Project Name
- Mass Spectrometry Sample Preparation
- Project Number
- Project Family
- Bioengineering Fundamentals Family of Projects
- Project Manager
- Robert Alpern
- Assistive Devices and Bioengineering Track
- Start Term
- End Term
- Faculty Guide
- Dr. Steven Day (ME): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Faculty Consultant
- Dr. Steve Weinstein (ME) : email@example.com
- Faculty Consultant
- Dr. Thomas Smith (Chemistry) : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Primary Customer
- Dr. Steven Day
- Secondary Customer
- Dr. Andy High (St. Jude Children's Hospital)
- Email: Anthony.High@STJUDE.ORG
- Dr. Clive Slaughter (St. Jude Children's Hospital)
- Email: Clive.Slaughter@STJUDE.ORG
This outline for the posting of team created documents follows the general product development process presented in the textbook "Product Design and Development" by Ulrich and Eppinger.
As you conclude the project, include links to all of your finished and fully polished documents here. The previous sections of the web site contain the entire design history of your project. This section contains the finished products. Add more links as needed.
Concept Design Review Documents (SD I)
Detailed Design Review Documents (SD I)
Managerial Design Review Presentation (SD I)
Technical Conference Publication (SD II)
Managerial Design Review Presentation (SD II)