P08331: Microcontroller Starter Kit/public/
Table of Contents
- Past senior design teams, when given a project that requires the functionality of a DSP or microcontroller, panic. They are unfamiliar with the technologies and the projects focus turns to controller selection and implementation rather then the project design.
- An attempt to alleviate some of the confusion and panic, project P08331 is tasked to design an affordable DSP/Microcontroller starter kit. The starter kit will have a standardized stackable interface for I/O, automated programming capabilities at the push of a button or via WiFi web based interface, as well as a WiFi web based real time debugging interface.
The Design Concept
- Create a scalable microcontroller platform with the ability to expand its featureset with future I/O and probe boards.
- The Microcontroller board will consist of a TMS320F2809 DSP and a LANTronix wireless webserver, used as a debug module. The processor will be programmed with RS-232 or file upload to the aforementioned webserver. The board accepts 5V and a restricted amount of current, providing 5V/3A to subordinate boards via power header. The web interface of the Lantronix device server should provide a visual representation of all processor I/O pin states, voltage output of all regulators, total current draw, as well as a GUI for on board diagnostics.
- Provide communication protocols: I2C, SPI, CAN, & SCI (UART)
- Provide buffered 1.8V, 3.3V & 5V from a 5V wall wart via standard power connector, or accept 5V from power header and regulate down to 1.8V & 3.3V.
|Team Member||Discipline||Role||email address|
|George Slack||Electrical Engineering||Guideemail@example.com|
|Dr. Phillips||Electrical Engineering||Consultantfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Dr. Patru||Electrical Engineering||Consultantemail@example.com|
|Dr. Reddy||Computer Engineering||Consultantfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Dr. Lukowiak||Computer Engineering||Consultantemail@example.com|
|Jeff Lonneville||Center for Electronics Manufacturing and Assembly||Consultantfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Adam Geboff||Electrical Engineering||Lead Design Engineer|
|Jason Marini||Computer Engineering||Lead Software Engineer|
|Robert Dunn||Electrical Engineering||Testing Engineer|
Part Documents, Product Briefs, and Datasheets
- Evaluation Modules:
- Kyocera CX5032GB20000H0PESZZ - Crystal Oscillator Datasheet
- Signal Isolation:
- Voltage Regulators:
- TI TPS767D301 - Dual Adjustable Linear Regulator with 3.3V 1A + 1.8V 1A output Datasheet
- Supervisory Circuit
- TI TPS3838K33DBVR - Multi Rail Nenopower Supervisory circuit Datasheet
- Circuit Protection:
- Line Drivers/Transcievers
- Lantronix Serial Device Server (GUI)
- Onboard Voltage/Current Sensors
- Test Points
- Keystone Electronics 501X - Multipurpose Test Point (x= 0:Red, 1:Black, 2:White, 3:Orange, 4:Yellow) Datasheet
- Plug-In AC Adapters & Mating Plug:
Project Readness Package
- Information regarding this project can be found on the Project Readiness Package Page