P08427: LED Lighting Technologies for a Sustainable Entrepreneurial Venture/public/
Potential Interview Questions
Table of Contents
- What is your opinion of the current lighting systems
here are RIT?
- How many different systems do you operate and what are they?
- Which are the most efficient, which are the least?
- How robust are the systems?
- What are the strong points of the current system?
- What are the weaknesses of the current system?
- What would you change if you could?
- What is the condition of the current systems?
- What is involved in the maintenance of the current
- How much time do you spend on the lighting systems?
- How much money is spent on the maintenance of the lighting systems?
- How does this compare to other maintenance operations here at RIT?
- What is the current electrical infrastructure for the
- Would it be easily adaptable to a new system such as LED lighting?
Institute Financial Department:
- What is the operating cost of the current RIT lighting systems?
- Would your department be interested in sponsoring Senior Design projects looking at LED lighting technologies for a sustainable RIT campus?
- What would be the ideal energy consumption/cost of the campus' lighting systems?
- In what way would you consider a replacement regime
for the current lighting system?
- What would the budget for such a change be?
- Do you have a possible schedule for replacement (i.e. dorms one year, academic buildings the next, then apartments and so on)?
- What would interest you in changing to a more efficient system, albeit it one with a fairly high start up cost?
People who have implemented similar systems:
- What was the cost of implementing your system?
- What does your system consist of?
- What kind of system did this replace?
- What is the difference in energy consumption between the current system and your replaced system?
- What is the difference between the maintenance costs of the new system versus the old system?
- What is the difference between the maintenance schedules of the new system versus the old system?
LED Manufacturer and/or Distributor:
- What are the specifications of your product?
- What are the costs of your product and do you offer discounts for bulk orders if our project were to go into a state of mass/semi-mass production?
- Do you have any suggestions for using your product in
- What is the best way to use an LED system in a
building type application
- What changes have to be made so that the LED's can run off of our current infrastructure?
- What would you recommend doing to get a more dispersed light rather than the highly concentrated point source that is generally found with LED's?
- What is the best way to use an LED system in an
- How robust are the LED systems to the elements?
- What is the temperature operating range of your product?
- What is the best way to use an LED system in a building type application
- What would your design specifications be for the
outdoor lighting system?
- Light placement?
- Light distributions?
- Colors? What would be the best ones?
- What are your opinions of the current lighting
- What are the strengths of the system?
- What are the weaknesses of the system?
- What changes would you want to see implemented with a new system?
Teaching Faculty, Staff, Students, and Other End Users:
- In what way(s) do you use or do you benefit from the current RIT lighting system?
- What is your level of interest in a new more efficient lighting system here at RIT?
- How much do you use the current lighting system?
- Walk us through a typical day at RIT and how non natural lighting plays into your life.
- In your mind, what are the strengths of the current lighting system at RIT?
- In your mind, what are the weaknesses of the current lighting system at RIT?
- In your mind, what areas of the RIT lighting system need the most improvement?
- In your mind, what would be the ideal lighting system
- How much light would it provide?
- What is the ideal lighting level for you and your applications of the lighting system?
- Are there colors that you prefer?
- What color lighting is best for:
- Working on a computer?
- What color lighting is best for:
- How would you like the outdoor lighting system to be laid out?
- Where is it important to you to have light and how much of it?
NavigationIdentify Customer Needs
Home | Planning | Concept Development | System Level Design | Detail Design | Testing and Refinement