P08428: LED Lighting for Sustainable Venture/public/
- Mechanical Engineers
- Mechanical engineers would be in charge develop the overall package for the LED technology. A fixture to encase the LEDs needs to be developed that would suit the area where the lighting will be positioned. CAD experience as well as some manufacturing experience is necessary to develop a finished product.
- Electrical Engineers
- Electrical engineers will use their knowledge to develop the major electrical parts needed for the lighting. Also, electrical engineers will prepare the electronic hardware to be mounted into the device. A system needs to be developed that will convert AC power to DC power so the LEDs can be used or else an alternate energy system needs to be developed, such as a solar power or wind power device.
- Industrial and Systems Engineers
- Industrial engineers will evaluate the efficiency of the LED lighting system as well as run simulations during the process to ensure proper use of all materials. They will be very involved with the customer and will be one of the main contacts to the customer during the project. Can also utilize any mechanical engineering skills to aid in the production of the product and optimize the user interface qualities. They will also aid in the coordination between the LED teams.
- Business Majors
- The business major will not be needed until the end of the project when the product can be marketed and sold to various customers. The business major will need to create a business plan to market the product. The primary customer will be RIT, but an entrepreneurial opportunity will be developed so that the product can be used in various markets. Skills in management and entrepreneurship will be helpful.
The staffing requirements for the project are summarized in the table below.
|Name||Discipline||Role / Skills|
|Dr. Robert Stevens||EMEM||Faculty Guide, Will work closely with the team on an on-going basis to facilitate success.|
|Dr. Vincent Amuso||EEEE||Faculty Consultant, Will provide EE discipline technical support on an intermittent basis.|
|Shawn Russell||ME||(ME 1) Team Lead; Responsible for assigning tasks to the team, organizing meetings, obtaining resources, prepare deliverables and make contribute to mechanical design when appropriate.|
|David Eells||ME||(ME 2) Lens/LED Arrangement; Develop lens and LED arangement. Integrate parts together. Develop CAD package|
|Taylor Shivell||ME||(ME 3) Fixture; Responsible for designing support system and package design of the lighting fixture. CAD experience as well as some manufacturing experience is necessary to develop a finished product. Skills: Mechanical Design, Pro-E, CAD, GD&T, Manufacturing.|
|Arthur Deane||EE||(EE 1) Power conditioning; Responsible for Power conditioning associated with the LED application. e.g., LED integration, distribution issues, grounding, safety, energy conversion/storage for different inputs.|
|Philip Pietrantoni||EE||(EE 2) Control System; Assists in the LED integration and will be responsible for the control system. This may include motion sensing, photo-eye or other sensors to shut the light off when not in use.|
|Christine Lagree||ISE||Create a sustainable system. Help to optimize the system. Develop appropriate user interface. Raise team awareness of human interaction issues and Lean Manufacturing issues.|
|TBD Student||Business||Create a potential business plan to manufacture product. Creates a product website. Keeps accurate accounting records.|