Identify Customer Needs
Table of Contents
Step 1. Gather Raw Data From Customers
Interactions with CustomersInformation Related to Interviews
- Transcripts of Interview(s) with customers
- Audio Recordings
- Video Recordings
- Still Photography
Step 2. Interpret Raw Data in Terms of Customer Needs
- Maintenance capabilities to meet lifting requirements, mechanical and electrical maintenance, work space and clearance needs, and necessary safety equipment.
- Scaling down the compressor related to air pressure, assessing reduced electrical and horse power needs, and addressing noise, vibration and integration concerns.
- Safety as the first consideration with respect to installation, operation, access, sound, environment, and ventilation.
- Installation considers timeline, room layout, accessibility, and room functionality.
- Consider future project uese that could include variable valve mechanism, revamp implementation, a useful interface, reliable data acquisition as well as any other future modifications.
Step 3. Organize the Needs into a Hierarchy
- Structural Load
- Environment (ventilation/heat)
- Tools, lifting
- Safety Equipment
3.Scaling down of compressor
4.Account for future uses
- Variable valve mechanism
- Data acquisition, sensors
- Fabrication of parts
- Reduce sound/vibs impact
- Dual function room
6.Communication with Dresser-Rand
- Design drawings
Step 4. Establish the Relative Importance of the Needs
Step 5. Reflect on the Results and the Process
The scope of the project got narrowed down a lot in this project with the identification of key needs and the realization of what we could confidently accomplish in two quarters. Because future teams will be starting on the research we left, we must make it our highest priority to provide detailed documents and specifications, so a future team will not need to go through the same assessments we had.