P09029: Robotic Hand Improvement/public/Weekly Deliverables/
Week 19 Deliverables
- The price of the solinoids used by the other teams was different ($26+ instead of $12). Combined with the cost of the manifold (which used non-standard sizes and arragment) it was decided to look for a standard solenoid.
- After much search, a part was found from SMC:
|SY3320-6LOZ-M7||$73||3-Position, 4-Way, double acting, center closed solenoid|
|SY100-30-4A-10||$5 (2 for $2.50)||Wires for the solenoid|
- The one (1) solenoid replaces four (4) of the 2 way, 2 position solenoids. Also, there sould be less need for fittings, a simpler manifold and better air flow. The old solenoids were found to have a pin-prick sized outlet.
- Headway is being made on the technical paper
- The poster (version 1) was made and submitted
- Further work on making the programming work is being done by AJ