P09029: Robotic Hand Improvement/public/Weekly Deliverables/
System Level Design Review DocumentsThe system level design review is scheduled for Friday, January 16, 2009 in 78-2150 from 11:00am to 12:30pm.
- One-Page Summary
- Customer Needs
- Engineering Specifications
- Risk Analysis
- Concept Selection
- System Overview
- Kinematic Overview
- Control Systems Overview
Design Review ResultsThis is a list of the feedback we received in out meeting:
- Look into Shadow Robot benchmarks further.
- Benchmark other wrists, forearms and elbows.
- Look into alternate software solutions
On Risk Analysis:
- Software should be listed as a risk because it is an alpha version.
On The One Page Summary:
- Elaborate more on why a computer model is useful.
- Pressure sensors could help.
- Pressure drops from multiple simultaneous movements could be a problem with the size of the air muscles we need.
- Consider the air tank size when doing volume calculations.
- For more help on pneumatics talk to Dr. Kozak.
- Any pressure control systems that can be used? (most likely not)
On Control Systems
- A feedback loop is needed in the design.
On Mechanical Designs:
- When designing, use off the shelf parts where possible.
- Talk to Dr. Dolittle about real human arms.
- Steel adds inertia; look into inertia solutions.
- Move tendons to outside wrist to avoid pinching.
- Look into P09023's dynamic force analysis.
- Can we put muscles on the torso? We should ask Dr. Lamkin-Kennard about this.
- There is a mathematical model of an air muscle we should get.
- Look into alternate solutions to air muscles (actuators, stepper motors, etc).