P09052: Molecular Imaging System Upgrade/public/
Team Code of Ethics
- Give recognition where it is due whether it be to team members or outside sources.
- Communicate ideas in written form and/or verbally. Listen to and consider everyone's input.
- Take initiative for the project and make it your own.
- Let the team know if you will not be able to complete something before it is due.
- Make sure the final product is not dangerous. We are dealing with human health so there is no room for something that could jeopardize someone's safety.
- Be upfront with the customer because they are funding the project and it is also them at risk if the project is not successful.
- Share all communications and information from advisers, customers, or other sources so that the whole group can be well informed.
Product Ethical Considerations
- Harm to patient (radiation, heat, etc.)
- Harm to operator over extended period of time
- Safe for live test specimens (doesn't require dead mice)
- Use of an alternative testing instrument in place of animals (cadaver hand)
- During project conception and design all information can be shared with peers and mentors in the class but the developed method and information may not be used to facilitate other companies' products
- Infringement on other companies technology and/or patents