Identify Customer Needs
Table of Contents
Step 1. Gather Raw Data From Customers
Interactions with Customers
All interactions with customers and stakeholders are outline in the following link to the Interview History table which contains links to the summaries of those interviews.
Step 2. Interpret Raw Data in Terms of Customer Needs
- The control system needs to:
- Be as autonomous as possible.
- Be independent of the platform.
- Work simultaneously with remote input.
- Command the control surfaces appropriately.
- Measure the current conditions.
- Be calibrated for the platform characteristics.
- Compensate for environmental conditions.
- Compensate for various payloads.
- Be light weight.
- Fit in MAV platform
- Have GPS capability.
- Create a stable flight.
- Have a video relay system.
- Process data from all inputs.
- Have interchangeable sensors.
Step 3. Organize the Needs into a Hierarchy
Need 1: Control Capability
- Need 1.1: Be as autonomous as possible.
- Need 1.2: Create a stable flight.
- Need 1.2.1: Command the control surfaces appropriately.
- Need 1.3: Have a video relay system.
Need 2: Adaptability
- Need 2.1: Process data from all inputs.
- Need 2.2: Calibrated for the platform characteristics.
- Need 2.3: Compensate for environmental conditions.
- Need 2.4: Compensate for various payloads.
- Need 2.5: Have interchangeable sensors.
Need 3: Receive Inputs
- Need 3.1: Work simultaneously with remote input.
- Need 3.2: Measure the current conditions.
- Need 3.3: Have GPS capability.
Need 4: Weight and Size
- Need 4.1: Be light weight.
- Need 4.2: Fit in MAV platform.
Need 5: Independence
- Need 5.1: Be independent of the platform.
Step 4. Establish the Relative Importance of the Needs
|Need||The Product||Needs to||Importance|
|Need 1.1:||Autonomous as Possible||As many autonomous functions as resources permit||7|
|Need 1.2:||Create Stable Flight||Achieve desired flight qualities||1|
|Need 1.2.1:||Command Surfaces||Move Surface appropriate direction and amount||1|
|Need 1.3:||Video Relay||Capture and relay surroundings to fly remotely||10|
|Need 2.1:||Process Data||Receive Data and determine action||4|
|Need 2.2:||Calibrated for platform||Control based on Aerodynamics of platform||8|
|Need 2.3:||Compensate for Environment||Correct and Recover from environmental disturbance||3|
|Need 2.4:||Compensate for Payload||Adjust aerodynamics based on payloads||11|
|Need 2.5:||Interchangeable Sensors||Upgradeable and Replaceable||12|
|Need 3.1:||Simultaneous with Remote||Work concurrently and assist during remote input||5|
|Need 3.2:||Measure Conditions||Collect data of all in-flight conditions||2|
|Need 3.3:||GPS Capability||Measure and program position||13|
|Need 4.1:||Light Weight||Minimize weight <0.5kg||9|
|Need 4.2:||Fit in Platform||Minimize size < 2.5"x2.5"x8"||9|
|Need 5.1:||Independent from platform||Not reliant on other projects, configurable and testable||6|
Home | Planning | Concept Development | System Level Design | Detail Design | Testing and Refinement