Table of Contents
Unmanned Underwater Vehicles (UUVs) are used for many types of underwater tasks, either replacing human divers for safety and cost reasons, or allowing for exploration far below the maximum safe depth for human divers. As the use of these vehicles becomes more widespread, and the number and complexity of applications increases, their is a demand for better components.
This project consists of the development of second generation S/W Modules for the Underwater Thrusters (P08454) and Underwater LED Light Project (P08456). The scope includes developing a GUI and microcontroller control software of the light and thruster.
Please see our project's Mission Statement for a full overview of our project.
|Name||Role / Skills|
|Dan Brandt||Software Interfacing|
|Colby Gregory||Team Lead, CAD Design, Hardware Interfacing|
|Bryan Lavrich||Digital Electronic Design, Firmware Development, Microcontroller Interfacing|
|Florian Letourneaux||Masters Student, Professional Advisor, Digital Electronic Design|
|Jon Savage||GUI Development|
|William Stanton||Digital Electronic Design, Hardware Interfacing|
- Project P08454: Underwater thruster module design project.
- Project P08456: Underwater LED light module design project.
- The Management page contains documents relating to our project's management, such as timeline information, information about the people involved in our project, our project's grading scheme, and our mission statement.
- Documents that track our project's progression, including weekly status reports.
- Documents relating to the design of our hardware and software components are stored within the Design Documents node. These documents include files such as our circuit schematics and PCB layout files and tutorials demonstrating the use of APIs developed for this project. The Design Documents node also contains links to the datasheets for the circuit components used by our project and the definitions of the various protocols developed by our project.
Design Review Documents
Technical Conference Publication (SD II)
- Documents for future teams to look at and improve upon. Use this to start if you're improving on our work.