P09221: Innovative Composite Parts for a Formula SAE Racecar Vehicle/public/
John GlassEmail: firstname.lastname@example.org
John Glass is a veteran RIT FSAE team member. Now in his 7th year on the team, he has modified, tune and rebuilt numerous engines. In addition, he has been invaluable in fabrication and vehicle setup. He has also taken part in autocrosses with the Sports Car Club of America and the BMW Car Club of America for about 7 years.
Interview SummaryWhere: 09-2325
When: 8pm 11/5/08
Why: Initial needs discussion
- "If I were buying a weekend autocross vehicle, I would be willing to spend in the vicinity of $15-$20K.
- Traits to look for in an autocross vehicle:
- Easily maintained/repaired
- Good ergonomics (Supportive, firm, ease of ingress/egress, good location for gauges, shifter, etc...)
- Comfort isn't the most important for an autocrosser. "If I can fit in it and it doesn't hurt, I'm happy with it."
- Aero is not terribly important.
- "Speeds in autocrosses tend to be low, so aero may not matter."