Table of Contents
Collecting Project Background Raw Data
Interactions with PJSolutions
First phone conference with sponsor on 12/4 from 10:30-11:30
- Interviewers: Justin Zagorski, Felix Feliz, Matt Jones, Mike Boquard, Becky Jaiven
- Sponsor : John Veenstra
- Date: December 4, 2008 from 10:30-11:30 in Building 9, floor 4
- This is an upgrade project based on an existing prototype. Reduce overhead (LEAN manufacturing). Highly mobile (lightweight). Replenish SMARTCARTRIDGE in secure environment, SMARTCASSETTE to track time, activities, etc. Need 2 data recorderss (1 cartridge, 1 host). Laptop to a microcontroller, possibly web-based. Biometric sensing to access medication. User low power components.
Product Description/Project Objective StatementThe purpose of this project is to design a secure, automated pill-dispensing system utilizing previously existing technology developed by PJSolutions, Inc. This project will supply two individuals with a 7-day supply of six medications taken twice a day. The project aims to simplify the timely and secure distribution of medication in a way conventional dispensers do not. A working prototype will be supplied by PJSolutions, Inc.
Key Business Goals
- 1. Develop improvements to an already existing prototype
- 2. Track all relevant data
- 3. Create a user-friendly GUI
- 4. Dispense a weeks worth of pills (6 different medications, twice daily) to 2 different people
Provides secure dispensing and a comprehensive tracking system (360degree Security) that monitors loading, transport, withdrawal and replenishment.
Designed for decentralized placement; a portable system with removable inventory containers (SmartCartridges) that can be restocked by various echelons in the supply chain, such as the internal centralized supply, the external distributor or the product manufacturer).
Includes a comprehensive reporting system that details usage and identifies variability issues.
Primary Market/Project OpportunitiesSenior citizens.
Secondary Market/Project OpportunitiesNursing Homes.
Assumptions and ConstraintsAssume prototype architecture needs to be updated to current technology but is still relevant in terms of organization and communication.
Constraint: Budget, time, and technical knowledge.
|Click here to go to the Home node|