P09454: Design and Testing of Centrifugal Pump Components/public/
- Budget: All deliverables should be met within the allotted amount of $6500
- Platform: All new components should be demonstrated using the existing PIV system (P08453). Modification can be done to the existing design.
- Time: All deliverables should be met within the allocated 22 week time period.
- Labor: All tasks should be completed without exceeding the labor capacity of the assigned team of 5 members
- Technical Expertise: Design of turbomachinery components requires a high level of technical knowledge that is usually not available from RIT coursework. The team will work together to acquire the knowledge required to fullfil the required tasks.
- Resources: Impeller and diffuser manufacturing requires precision machining operations. CNC machining and/or Rapid Prototyping capabilities will be required for the fabrication of impellers and diffusers.