P09457: Process Improvement Project/public/
Table of Contents
- Incorporates Hydro HAZOP recommendations for production pipe
- Safety mechanism to prevent hazards of catastrophic pipe failure
- Allow worker to face direction of testing
- Improve control layout to designate high and low pressure ranges
- Better coding of pressurized hose for improved human factors (or visual control)
- Improved storage of pipe fittings for better storage and improved human factors (or visual control)
- Two Improved layout designs developed
- Move gauge panel to east end of table facing towards the part being tested
- Concept #1: Mount panel at an angle for more visibility while testing
- Concept #2: Mount the Panels at chest height so that the worker can see the panel and the part at the same time
- Concept #3: Mount the panels at an angle similar to Concept #1 with a longer footprint to allow for one row of gauges instead of two
- Enclose hydrotable with removable safety cage sections to protect worker in the event of test pipe failure.
Risks & Contingencies
|Risk||Severity||Probability||Owner||Status and/or Contingency Plans|
|Difficulty in accessing parts on hydro table||Medium||Low||Cody||Create safety design to allow 360 degree access to hydro table|
|Upon changing coding scheme worker may result to old code scheme||Low||Low||Team||Make sure coding scheme is visual|
|Worker resistance to change||Low||Low||Team||Allow workers to approve of design prior to implementation|
Hydro Table Concepts
- 360 degree safety cage minimizes injuries due to pressurized pipe failures.
- Cage prevents workers from straying into hazard area.
Worker Facing Operation Direction
- With the new design the operator faces the direction of test allowing him to always see the table and parts he is working on.
- Eliminates necessity for second worker
- The new design of the gauge board separates high pressure gauges from low pressure gauges to eliminate any confusion.
- The introduction of a new coding system on the hydro table will reduce human factor errors.
New Flange Storage
- By eliminating old flanges, organizing them properly and locating them in one location, cycle time decreases in the hydro table cell.