P09503: Electrophotographic Development and Transfer Station/public/
Table of Contents
Interactions with Sponsors
Please visit the Customer Interaction portion of the website to see transcripts of the interaction with sponsors.
Product Description/Project Objective StatementThe objective of this project is take an inactive electrophotographic development and transfer station and to make it functional and to improve the usability of the current station.
Key Business Goals/Project Deliverables
- Deliverable 1: An inventory and status of the current sub-systems, including the needed supporting systems (e.g. 220 Voltage Drop)
- Deliverable 2: A working EP development and transfer station.
- Deliverable 3: Demonstrably improved device safety
- Deliverable 4: An improved user interface (this includes control and display functions)
- Deliverable 5: Device documentation for use, maintenance and upgrade of the device (User & Lab Technician Manual)
- Deliverable 6: Demonstrably improved sensing and control subsystem
Primary Market/Project OpportunitiesThe primary application for this device is in EP and Printing Labs that need flexibility to vary both the printing materials and the printing process parameters in order to better understand and improve the performamce of these printing systems.
Secondary Market/Project OpportunitiesA secondary application of this device is in layered manufacturing apparatus.
Assumptions and ConstraintsThe key constraint in this project is that most of what is needed for this project should already be available. The budget is very limited and the team will have to be creative to use the existing device, as well as scrapped printers to acquire the majority needed materials. That is not to say that quality will have to be sacrified. The device itself has and the lab owns fairly sophisticated equipment that will be available to the project team. The team should proceeded to identify what is desired, and it is expected that certain materials (sensors, for example) will need to be purchased, however it should be understood upfront that compromises may have to be made.
- PRISM Lab
- Center for Imaging Science
- Kate Gleason Colleg of Engineering
- Print Industry Center
- School of Print Media