P09721: Distribution Capacity Analysis at CooperVision/public/
Process Improvement Brainstorm
Table of Contents
Process Improvement Brainstorm Ideas
This is a repository for all process improvement ideas. Use bullet style formatting.
- Find out how boxes get to the ADM.
- Use all 1024 slots on the ADM.
- Make numbers on ADM slots consistent.
Pick to Light
- PTL let queues build up to make picking more efficient.
- Why cant one see inducts within PTL?.
- PTL show which segment of the segmented order item will go to, put it in front of the product.
- The higher hit items should be slotted in the first 2 PTL sections.
Pick to Voice
- PTV Look at better anti-fatigue methods in floor level section (its better to work upstairs).
- Additional headsets in voice picking area.
- Ergonomics on the carousel (being able to reach the top, is difficult).
- Feasibility of eliminating carousel, including a voice instead.
- Changing the way bulk is picked. Get rid of the separate bulk picking.
- Picking bulk in the morning. (3 hrs in the morning 6am-9am).
- Packing process modify the system to guarantee continuous flow.
- Utilize extra conveyors in packing areas.
- Eliminate segmented totes altogether.
- Hold orders for one day.
- Track expiration date. Explore possibility to fix that.
- Minimizing product write-off.
- Start employees at 9 am: rescheduling.
- Being able to batch orders in the same move. (Move forward with a few totes, increase pick density).
- Being able to pick an entire side of PTL instead of going from section to section.
- Get rid of waves.
- Re-slot entire facility.
- Fix shipping box conveyor transfer (sometimes it flips the box over).
- Supply gloves to all workers.
- Differentiate between high and low ratio of units per pick. Higher ones should be in different areas then lower ones.