P10001: Balance Training Bicycle 2.0/public/
Table of Contents
Product Description/Project Objective StatementThe purpose of this project is to design and build a functioning physical therapy balance training bicycle that will allow patients to have the feeling of riding a bicycle in a safe, controlled environment.
Key Business Goals/Project DeliverablesAt the completion of the project, the Nazareth College Physical Therapy Clinic will receive a piece of equipment that will help train their neurological physical therapy patients' balance problems.
Primary Market/Project Opportunities
- Physical therapy patients attending the Nazareth College Physical Therapy Clinic
- Physical therapists at the Nazareth College Physical Therapy Clinic
Secondary Market/Project Opportunities
- Physical therapists in general working with patients who have lost balance from medical issues
Assumptions and Constraints
- Must accommodate and be safe for entire range of patients
- Must be easily to use by both physical therapists and patients
- J.J. Mowder-Tinney (Nazareth College Physical Therapy Clinic)
- Dr. Elizabeth DeBartolo (RIT Mechanical Engineering Department)
- National Science Foundation