Clinic Visit 30Sep09
Nazareth Teaching Clinic Visit
September 30th 2pm
- reiterated concept from Monday's virtual meeting.
mentioned numerous times how important it was that the game was interesting.
Wasn't really sold on the game at first, but she thinks it might be able to work
Benchmark to PT simply holding an object and the patient have to touch it. Can't be the same/worse than that
Mentioned the screen in the middle telling the patient what to press and JJ was not sold on that idea.
Reading is difficult for patients and would be a lot of work
Visual memory isn't always high
Distances-pull tape to measure distance from board to shoulder
- observed two physical therapists doing balance training with patients.
- had cones and asked the patients to touch the objects.
- Talking to David Sprout Engineer in PT
Recommends reaching for beer- would be motivation
- Difficult to push buttons
- Adjustable height
- Array of lights for OT already exists at Monroe Community Hospital
- Willing to try a mockup if we bring it in.
- In therapy from 2-3pm on Wednesday's or could come to RIT
- Bonnie is also doing balance training 2-3pm
Would like to see a mock-up! - Should go back next week Wednesday at 2pm.
- What types of things does the physical therapist write down when they are doing the therapy?
- outside without assist
- outside base
- upper extremity support
- did they loose balance
- able to correct?
- w/ w/o assist
- Sagittal/transverse -i'll have to do more research on that I didn't know what she was talking about
- crossing midline