Generate Product Concepts
Table of Contents
Step 1. Clarify The Problem
Step 2. Search Externally
Step 3. Search Internally
- microprosessor board
- full 2d motion buttons -
- Pros: keep patient interest, more game options, increases difficulty
- Cons: expensive, multiple axis control, wire control, not easily fixable, decreases portability, decreases number of buttons being used at a time.
- Pros: unlimited game options. keep patient interest. unlimited levels of difficulty. Straight up Baller!!!
- Cons: EXPENSIVE, fragile, size limits, portability.
- stationary target
- Pros: simple, easy, replaceable, with games could keep interest. Easy measurement for PT. Cheap. Multiple game options. Easily Wireable.
No issues with mechanical moving parts. easily portable
- Cons: No height adjustabile. Hard to measure progress when can never reach the button to start.
- movable target
- Pros: Same fixed. Increases game options and progress measurements. Simple movements ( ie, clips or hooks). Replaceable
- Cons: Increased length of wires. Could get messy and cause accident. Target could fall and break if not careful.
- multiple targets
- Pros: Increase game options, Increase patient interest.
- Cons: Wiring, portability, budget
- single target
- Pros: simple, easy measure for PT
- Cons:boring, limited game options.
- disconnecting targets
- Pros: game options, unlimited adjustability. simple adjustment of difficulty. Could keep patient interest by constantly making harder.
- Cons: wiring. Drop and break, risk of losing button?
- Would she move this or the computer move this?
- Mobile buttons
- Same as 2D full motion buttons
- tracks -define
- Pros: Easy to measure distance changes. Keep patient interest. ^ Game options
- Cons: Heavy, budget, controllable, portability, not easily repairable. Wiring. Sturdiness.
- free motion
- Pros: Yeah what?
- Semi circular design
- Pros: Constant radius. looks cool.
- Cons: constant radius for one radius. Not adjustable distance from center.
- adjustable panels
- Pros: Adjustable, increase difficulty easily, easy measure of progress.
- Cons: breakable. Increase difficulty of portability and wiring.
- Pros: easy mobility, increase patient interest, easy measure for PT
- Cons: portability, expensive, control, not accurately able to predict distance traveled (CPU)
- hand crank
- Pros: none
- Cons: unnecessary work for PT. Not easy to fix.
- What types of lights?
- illuminated buttons
- Pros: Simple, easy to replace, cheap. can keep patient interest. Easily programable for games? , eliminate target ambiguity
- Cons: Extra power to be pulled, complexity
- Pros:simple, cheap, use multiple to keep patient interest, led screen could count down or up numbers, show picture for games
- Cons: Individually not enough to keep patient interest
- little flat screens ( does this contain a button) is this additional to buttons or in the place of?
- Pros: simple,count down or up numbers, show picture for games, easily replaceable?
- Cons: budget, need additional buttons?
- can it be zeroed out so that we can track measurements
how will we track measurements
is there something to sit on? We could have a pad that runs on a track with measurements on it, but then they can't sit in the wheel chair is the thing sitting provided in wheel chair We could have a pad that runs on a track with measurements on it, but then they can"t sit in the wheel chair
would sounds be generic or specific to task are they making a song? 8 bit music beep
- What is the thing actually made out of NOT USING FOR NOW!!
- Pros: Structurally sound, Easy to work with, Easily made sturdy. Stiff for button forces
- Cons: can be heavy, portability issues, heavy if falls on patient or PT.
- Pros: Cheap, easy to use, light, can be made sturdy.
- Cons: Too Light? may need to add friction pads on bottom to hold in place. Stiffness may be an issue. Increase diameter = increased stiffness.
- aluminum profile
- can we move the equipment and have a corner?
- lean and touch things with their head
- Movable Rig comes with the consequence of portable computing
o If laptop, power issues (needs to charge)
- Pros: portability. Multiple games. Easy to use for PT
- Cons: charging, needs to be plugged in if not charged.
o If desktop, needs to be plugged in at all times.
- Pros: always charged, easy to use for PT
- Cons: needs to be near wall. Possible kiosk for portability. Otherwise will be in a fixed position
- One game would allow us to build without the need for a computer
o Programmable board comes with one game, start button would begin the game.
- Pros: Simple, Easy to run, Portable
- Cons: One game, lose patient interest, hard to measure improvements. Not replaceable
- Possible auxiliary screen needed for "patient view"
- Pros: increase game options, increased patient interest. Simple to replace.
- cons: Budget, safety of portability.
- Timed exercises
o Quantitative measurement of progress
- Pros: quantitative measure of progress, keep interest.
- Cons: none, patient frustration? ( not a concern)
- "Beat the buzzer"
o Timer on middle aux. screen
- Pros: easily measurable, keep patient interest
- Cons: Patient frustration. ( not a concern)
- Pros: Fun, challenging, keep interest, simple but effective
- Cons: none
- "Play that tune"
o Each button corresponds to a note
- Pros: Reward at end, keep patient interest
- Cons: What if they are deaf or hard of hearing?
- Whack-a-Mole style games
- Pros: Entertaining, keep interest, varying levels of difficulty
- Tic-Tac-Toe style games
- Pros: Fun, interactive, gives PT something to do.
- Cons: No real way of measuring improvment unless still changing angles every game.