Weekly Meeting Minutes 30Oct09
drawing of tower Flat surface colored LED strips covered with clear plastic 1/2 inch thick 5" wide 5' tall 6-10 capacitance buttons weight = 22 lbs base = 20 lbs
- Test plans
- Range/accuracy IR
- Power consumption
- NIOSH lifting object
- 3DSSP of height for object to reach
- Capacitance sensitivity
- slide test
- stability testing
- bounds on software
- Actually touched
What else do we need to do?
Notes 10/30 with Dr. DeBartolo Look into channel shaped rather than making four sides.
Two colors of LEDs per button. Up to Jeff and Andy.
How do decide the space of buttons
Light up target and if they miss light it up in a different color. Visual notification of FAIL!
Look into weight for pvc structure.
Look at better way of base. Cut in half and use pins. Locking hinges fold legs up and down. Doesn't need to be hinge. Swing down and something locks it into place.
Do tipping analysis before we look at base.
- Rochelle did ergonomic analysis of lifting base over tower.
- Cement? Put wheels onto smaller attached base.
Use metal buttons as support. Clouded plastic to cover LEDS
Sag of flex for something that tall.
Hinge at top for support leg.
Detail design review
- Flexing, tipping analysis.
- Test plan
- Detailed drawings
Build in series to make modifications to the second one.
Meeting number 2
- Do statics calculation to determine moment before tipping.
- Go through risk assessment.
- Mock up, go through session with her and make sure what she is writing down and what we can give her are the same. Make sure we are giving her useful information for progress tracking.
- Button variability to get multiple patients. Short patient not have access to enough patients
- IR placement to measure functional reach not able to measure all patients
- Reasons for tipping
- Top heavy, base not big enough, weight distribution.
- Actions to take would be calculations and such
- Go through ands to minimize and then work down to lower numbers
- Change Specs
- Tip test good to assess stability
- Crash test (how many times tipped before it stops working) Durability.
- How to do this without tipping it over
- Microcontroller stops working.
- What if start reaching and don't stop in time and knock over tower?
- how far will patient overshoot target
- Get target value for test to make sure wont push over tower.
- Do not expect them to make any repairs, sooo make sure nothing breaks
- percentage of parts that are at risk of breaking that are catalog items that are just unplug plug not gonna happen
- Needs to provide therapist with time to button and location of button.
- Accuracy of patient location and button location, in target specifications.
- Spec for tracking patient movement is wrong shouldn't be size of database.
Risk assessment, needs and specs because have to show that they are being met. :Specs need to be consistent with target values.
- Doing stuff in risk assessment needs to be done and set up.