Weekly Meeting Minutes 6Oct09
Design Review Prep and weekly tasks
concept screening updated? o posted to edge? - see below other things to post to edge by Friday
- I will by tomorrow night have added a time line, anything else to add?
- I think we have more risks. What are they?
- Design review - Friday at 10am in Xerox
- who's coming
- Dr. Reddy - Andy
- mechanical engineer? -DeBartolo said we don't need one unless one of you ::Dr. Phillips, Hoople? - Jeff
- Dr. Marshall - Rochelle
- JJ can't come- or Dr. Gombatto- Contacting Bill Brewer in Medical Science- Rochelle
- David Sprout - Rochelle
- Industrial Design professor-Alan Redding - DeBartolo
- what are we looking for our guests to provide
- Pre packet finished
- provide background to all of them by Wednesday Morning -Google doc set base work for discussion. Prep material
- which other design review did everyone sign up for?
- BEGIN WORKING MEETING
- Concept to share with patient- mockup
- For Design Review on Friday
- Bring to clinic following Monday
Working meeting sparked more brainstorming:3 Concept selection doesn't have a way to show engineering difficulty
Post was thought to be bad idea.
May actually work
Discussion to work out how posts could work
Issues: if poles were movable you wouldn't know where they were before Need a mat to track distance from pole to pole
idea: protractor mat to be in front of patient then distance would tell you your angles
Needs to be better than what PT are doing now. It is very simple to have them touch your hand.
-will have to set up distances -will have to measure angles -input into computer
Hub=microcontroller with usb inputs
start --> how many posts --> post locations --> patient information(recall from existing or new?)
each post would be modular wire each post to computer
-draw modular design
Make out of plastic and build out of opaque plexi glass recess button so it is flush with the button
- Functional diagram <--See Design review prep
visual queues power device config objective(buttons)
rehabilitation visual feedback audio feedback progress tracking