P10008: ArcWorks Cap Tube Assemply/public/
Table of Contents
Product DescriptionThe primary goal of the project is to reduce product output time and increase total output per day of caps used in medical applications. This will be primarily accomplished by designing a fixture to test the ultrasonic weld of the caps that operates more efficiently and effectively than the current process. In addition, the implementation of system that does not require water was requested by ArcWorks. A Secondary goal for the project is to analyze the rest of the assembly line process and improve process where possible.
Key Business Goals
- Reduce production time of bottle caps.
- Replace current test system with one that has greater efficiency.
- Improve overall assembly line process.
Primary MarketArcWorks of Monroe County
Secondary MarketSuppliers of bottle caps where air-tightness is a primary concern.
Assumptions and Constraints
- Limitation of use of liquids in testing process
- Be able to operate with available resources
- Account for operators' disabilities where necessary
- ArcWorks of Monroe County
- Thermo-Fisher and Nalgene
- ME Department at RIT
- ISE Department at RIT