P10221: Baja 1 (Baja Driveline Test Development)/public/
Attendees: Brian Helm, Matt Tranter, Jeffrey Ryan,Chukwuchebem Orakwue
- Start time:9:00 AM
- End time: 5:00 PM
- Met with Baja team leader to discuss project concerns. They are concerned with using the dyno on our engine because of accuracy in the data they will get.
They are also concerned with dyno availabilty and ease of setup.
- Baja wants to build there own fluid dyno. Draw backs are waste water, and lacks accuracy. A DC motor is very controlled and accurate. They also dont have the money for all of the data aqusition hardware. They dont have a plan.
- DeMinco wants to treat dyno time as a business. (Calender system)
- The dyno can meassure .83 KW to 93 KW.
- A concern is if formula cant validate, how can we get a 1/10 hp reading.
- CV testing is only possible with a DC motor. You vary the torque and see how the rpm changes.
- Seimens USA has no documentation.
- When DC motor leaves warehouse they do an inertia test, spin down test, and accuracy range of motor.
- We can take the formulas engine off this week or next to meassure dyno stand.
- Check into using a harley belt system. 3-400 $.
- Using a belt reduces vibration, but it cost to much.
- Schedule meeting next week with Marty, Matt Machone, Jones, Liotta, senior design team, Nye, DeMinco, and John Scanlon.
- Engine rebuild parts are ordered and on the way.
- For bolt safety we can attach safety wires to them.
- Single cylinder Volumetric Eff = 80%. Fuel Eff =30%. There is 1 air pulse every 2 rpm cycles.
- Calculated weights of steel and aluminum sprockets and pullys to compare. W=(PI)*(r)^2*hieght* density of steel or aluminum. Density steel=.2836 lb/in^3. Density of aluminum= .098 lb/in^3. Large steel sprocket= 4.51 lb. Large aluminum sprocket =6.23 lb. Aluminum pully =9.15 lb. Small steel sprocket=6.04 lb. Small aluminum sprocket=2.328 lb. Small aluminum pully=.509 lb.
- The chain weighs 1390 grams.
- Get engine rebuild parts from jones.
- Design chain gaurd. (BRIAN)
- Get John to let us sit in on hardware hookup of their engine.
- Look into what funds or material baja can give us.
- Ask DeMinco about wire thermocouple accuracy.
- Need plug for the 150 load cell.
- Report back to customer in 1 week.
- Firm up I/o interface.
- Place all action items in timeline.
- Cordinate FEA (BRIAN) Bob Aldi 518 365 8216
- Order parts for stand by middle of next week.
- Air flow sensor (BRIAN)
- look over operating/safety proceedure (TEAM)
- Find out bolt failure modes.
- Spec out airflow rate of exhaust fan.
- Work on encoder system (JEFF and CHUCK)
- Look into michigan resource (JEFF getting number)
- Fuel rate meassurement (MATT BRIAN CHUCK)
- Work on risk mitigation plan (TEAM)
- Call seimens again for spec sheet(CHUCK)
- Get Hensill to finalize budget (MATT)
- Update edge with power point stuff (CHUCK)