P10221: Baja 1 (Baja Driveline Test Development)/public/
Table of Contents
Attendees: Brian Helm, Matt Tranter, Jeffrey Ryan,Chukwuchebem Orakwue
- Start time: 6:00 PM
- End time: 8:30 PM
- Concerned about oil temperature meassurment with tilt of engine.We could use 3 plugs and swap them out.
- Issues: The 0-2 sensor hits the tensioner at full tilt forward. Should we increase the length of the chain.
- Where should we mount the fuel tank. Talk to Dave Hathaway.
- For load cell mounting: rod ends are 1/2-20. Jam nuts are 1/4-28. Make sure we test load cell in tension.
- We ordered big sprocket (orange with baja on it.) It was 98$, for 525 chain, and 66 teeth. It will be here next week.
- The hub is a work in process and so are the shear pins.
- Matt worked on edge updates, thinking about ordering the small sprocket locally or online. We might need more chain lengths.
- Matt called gates and the pully we were quoted were too exspensive.
- Rubber vibration material will be added to the stand. We will test in MSD 2 if more needs to be added.
- For the ease of setup, we may have sacrificed sensor placement viability.
- Get documentation about orders made so far.
- Talk to Kempski about meassuring airflow and vibration dampening.(BRIAN)
- Verify load cell when plug comes in. (TEAM)
- Order parts for Chain system.(MATT)
- Order parts for Stand.(JEFF)
- We need to find out what exhaust fan is in the dyno room. (part number.)
- Get engine rebuild parts from jones.
- Design chain gaurd. (BRIAN)
- Get John to let us sit in on hardware hookup of their engine.
- Look into what funds or material baja can give us.
- Firm up I/o interface.
- Place all action items in timeline.
- Cordinate FEA (BRIAN) Bob Aldi 518 365 8216
- Order parts for stand by middle of next week.
- Air flow sensor (BRIAN)
- look over operating/safety proceedure (Brian)
- Find out bolt failure modes.
- Work on encoder system (JEFF and CHUCK)
- Work on risk mitigation plan (Brian)
- Call seimens again for spec sheet(CHUCK)
- Update edge.