P10221: Baja 1 (Baja Driveline Test Development)/public/
Table of Contents
Attendees: Brian Helm, Matt Tranter, Jeffrey Ryan,Chukwuchebem Orakwue
- Start time: 1 PM
- End time: 5 PM
- Incorporating clutches will not be so important. We want the engine on the stand and part of procedure in MSD 1. In MSD 2 we want to do intensive testing. Things to consider will be muffler mounting location, plans for clutch stand a possibility, and the engine must tilt +- 30 degrees.
- Some concerns that came up are fuel storage, encoder on engine output shaft. ( Could use strobe light from lab.)
- DeMinco wants us to come up with a layout plan, evolutionary timeline.
- 20 miles away there is a snowmobile engine performance shop. We could see how they set up there dyno.
- We came up with a list of specs that Baja wants. Ex. Carb temp, oil temp,exhaust temp, and block temp.
- We are working on work breakdown and gannt chart currently.
- Some concern we have are spin direction, sparkplug pressure sensor cost, rebuild cost, and repeatability issues.
- Team email and phone numbers.
- Work breakdown and gannt chart timeline.
- Print action items/norms. (Matt)
- come up with specs with priority.
- Upload pics of engine. (Chuck)
- Organize excel file (Brian)
Next Meeting:9-20-09 in baja room with e-board.
DeMinco Action Items:
- Find out 0 rpm torque rating for dyno.
- O-2 sensor parameters.
- Ignition system encoder.
- Dyno sweet spot
- Hp range for lowest Dyno Transducer.
- List of available sensors.