P10221: Baja 1 (Baja Driveline Test Development)/public/
Table of Contents
Attendees: Brian Helm, Matt Tranter, Jeffrey Ryan,Chukwuchebem Orakwue
- Start time: 8:00 AM
- End time: 9:00 AM
- We really want to add information to the edge website via wiki code.
- We want to close all loose ends by the 10th week. We should put critical dates for review weeks on our timeline.
- The budget needs to be updated with what we know we have to buy and what we have.
- The dyno sweet spot is anywhere except the bottom and top 10 percent.
- For zero loading we need to find out a way to measure the internal friction of the dyno. We could use a scale to find the weight it takes to turn the sprocket.
- DeMinco wants us to distinguish between the different types of sensors we need. Like temp sensor,0-2 sensor. The temp sensor cost between 60-90 $. It is important to justify use of EVERY sensor.
- Biggest variation in different engines will be compression ratio.
- In MSD 2, we could do a resolution test. For example two head gaskets instead of 1. We could write a SAE paper on it. ( 3 engine breakdown schedule.)
- We have the tools to modify the cylinder for a pressure sensor. For a spark plug sensor could be thousands.
- Safety considerations: Pinch points, exhaust shielding, and shut down procedure. We need to add safety to work breakdown schedule.
- We went over engine specs again. HP needs to be measured +- 1/10 of a hp.
- We went over risks. Some were that the dyno encoder wont be able to read low HP numbers. We also need to gain confidence in the dyno.
- By Friday of the 4th week, we need to have this is what were going to do, and how were going to do it. ( Draft of presentation)
- Work on budget. We need to sell our dyno system idea to Baja and people in the ME department even though it already exists.
- Set up dyno/dyne controller info meeting with DeMinco soon.
- Upload to edge: Project summary, team values/norms, excel file
- review project P96112 (Brian)
- We are meeting Thursday at 9am in the Dyno room with DeMinco.
- Wednesday meeting at 6 in MSD center. Go over customer needs.
DeMinco Action Items:
- Find out 0 rpm torque rating for dyno.
- O-2 sensor parameters.
- Ignition system encoder.
- Hp range for lowest Dyno Transducer.
- List of available sensors.