P10221: Baja 1 (Baja Driveline Test Development)/public/
Table of Contents
Team members: Brian Helm, Matthew Tranter,Chuck Orakwue,Jeffrey Ryan
Action Items Completed This Week:
- Built a MAF bracket off the engine.
- Set up our engine on the dyno and tested thermocouples,MAF sensor, and 0-2 sensor. Got good results for all three sensors.
- Polished the encoder wheel.
- Programmed the fuel rate equation/air flow into labview.
- We ran the engine on the dyno under full load.
- We broke the sprocket hub into three pieces along the
internal lines. The set screw could have caused stress in
- We used two grade 5 bolts this time.
- We need to make a new sprocket hub out of better material that fits onto the shaft with a close fit.
- We broke a thermocouple on the engine block by pulling it out of its sleeve.
- Formula made a new throttle control system.
Action Items to be Assigned:
- Make the poster.
- Create a 30 minute powerpoint presentation for week 10.
- Make a new sprocket hub out of steel.
- Figure out why TFX isn't working.
- Work on tech paper.
- Make a contact list.
- Get labview software for encoder system.
- Get temp readings for oil/exhaust on running engine.
- Make an enclosure for the throttle motor.
- Make a document comparing each dyno run.
- Update build plans for stand and hub.
- Need to make a bracket for the exhaust fan.
- Make a hard stop/tensioner in front of stand.
- Operating procedure(BRIAN)
- Test plan (JEFF)
- assembly plan (JEFF)
DeMinco Action Items:
Issues and Risks:
- Torque values after our dyno runs were only at 5 ft-lbs and we dont know why.
- Broke sprocket hub.