P10221: Baja 1 (Baja Driveline Test Development)/public/
Table of Contents
Team members: Brian Helm, Matthew Tranter,Chuck Orakwue,Jeffrey Ryan
Action Items Completed This Week:
- Revaluated drive concepts and put into matrix form.
- Spec'ed out four detailed driveline options.
- Filled out the peer review sheet (team)
- Added safety to stand concept selection.
- Starting designing safety hub with shear pins.
- Met with costumer, mitigated accuracy concerns and dyno availability.
- Started to work on FEA analysis on stand.
- Took picture of muffler cut-away.
- Calculated the internal inertia of the dyno. It equals 723 grams.
- ordered plug for the 150 load cell.
- Met with customer and sold our driveline concept/option.
Action Items to be Assigned:
- Spec out and order custom sprocket from 5th Gear Inc.(MATT)
- Spec out/test shear pin. (MATT JEFF)
- Spec out safety hub for engine/ sprocket connection. (MATT)
- Ask DeMinco about wire thermocouple accuracy.(BRIAN)
- Get engine rebuild parts from Jones.(JEFF)
- Design chain guard. (BRIAN)
- Order parts for stand by middle of week 7.(JEFF)
- Spec out airflow rate of exhaust fan. (BRIAN)
- Design stand mounting system. Add a handle to engine stand.(JEFF)
- Figure out how to verify load cell on the dyno.(CHUCK JEFF)
- Contact siemens for spec sheet.(CHUCK)
- Pick air flow sensor.(BRIAN)
- Get John to let us sit in on hardware hookup of their engine. (TEAM)
- Look into what funds or material baja can give us.(JEFF)
- Firm up I/o interface.(CHUCK)
- Place all action items in timeline.(JEFF)
- Coordinate FEA. (BRIAN)
- look over operating/safety document (TEAM)
- Find out bolt failure modes.
- Work on encoder system (JEFF and CHUCK)
- Fuel rate measurement (MATT BRIAN CHUCK)
- Work on risk mitigation plan(BRIAN)
- Things to ask Jones: Gas tank? Shut off valve? Fuel filter? Muffler? Intake snorkel? Crank angle? *Need edge updated (TEAM)
- Analyze drive system with numbers.
DeMinco Action Items:
- Need to figure out dyno room availability. (Calendar system)
- Specs for air flow in dyno room.
Issues and Risks:
- Room could vary Temperature wise with a lot of dyno use.
- Shear pin design.
- Can't perform FEA in Ansys because of license issues.
- Air management in the dyno room needs to be addressed.
- Standing fuel vapor under dyno.
- Safety concerns resulting from engine failure.
- If formula can't validate their engine, how can we get a 1/10 hp reading.