P10221: Baja 1 (Baja Driveline Test Development)/public/
Table of Contents
Team members: Brian Helm, Matthew Tranter,Chuck Orakwue,Jeffrey Ryan
Action Items Completed This Week:
- SpecÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ed out and ordered custom sprocket.
- SpecÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ed out and ordered safety hub for engine.
- Ordered parts for stand.
- A re-evaluation of the drive system was preformed. Using the existing chain and new sprocket was the best choice.
- Ordered plug for the load cell.
- Placed all action items in our timeline.
- FEA license issue was mitigated.
Action Items to be Assigned:
- Machine stand parts and put together.
- Order small sprocket.
- Design chain guard.
- Work on FEA of stand and hand calculations of stress.
- Work on risk mitigation plan.
- Find a location to mount the fuel tank.
- Get documentation about orders made so far.
- Verify load cell when plug comes in.
- Work on data acquisition plan and what hardware to use.
DeMinco Action Items:
- Need to figure out dyno room availability. (Calendar system)
- Specs for exhaust in dyno room.
- Where to get safety links.
- what is the wire thermocouple accuracy.
Issues and Risks:
- We order parts and still have an unproven design. The customer is concerned in the drive system and has confidence concerns in the dyno.
- We are concerned about the oil temperature measurement with the tilt of engine.
- The 0-2 sensor could hit the tensioner/chain at full tilt.
- For the ease of setup, we may have sacrificed sensor placement viability.