P10221: Baja 1 (Baja Driveline Test Development)/public/
Table of Contents
Team members: Brian Helm, Matthew Tranter,Chuck Orakwue,Jeffrey Ryan
Action Items Completed This Week:
- The big sprocket is in our possession.
- The drive system has been analyzed and is a proven design.
- Solid works drawings for each part of the stand were created.
- Completed the final design review power point presentation.(includes updates to BOM, drive, data Aq, safety, process control, sensor placement, and risk slides)
- Professor's and guests were invited to the final design review. (Scanlon, Frenando, Debartola, Wellin)
- The stand has been machined and is put together. (Has small alignment issues)
- Completed the stand FEA and did hand calculations of the stress.
- Verified the load cell.
- We have an air flow sensor to use for MSD 2. (Borrowing it from John Wellin)
- Completed the control schematic to operate the dyno for week 11.
- The Michigan Baja team got back to us with engine data curves.
Action Items to be Assigned:
- Get the small sprocket in our possession.
- Install a handle in the engine stand.
- Order 2 3.5 inch runners or a 12 x 15 plate for the stand to attach to.
- Test the shear pins/bolts to get the right break torque.
- The engine encoder system needs to be developed.
- Design the chain guard.
- Get documentation about orders made so far.
- Update edge with most recent information.
- Need dimensions for kistler threads. We also need to get another cylinder head for placement.
- Make a test procedure with safety included.
DeMinco Action Items:
- Need to figure out dyno room availability. (Calendar system)
- Need key for locker in dyno room.
- When will the formula engine be off the dyno?
Issues and Risks:
- The small sprocket hasn't arrived yet.
- The shear bolts might not break off when we want them to causing damage to components we dont want broken.
- The stand still has small alignment issues.
- Found out the dyno room exhaust system will be updated in December by facilities.
- We might have a scheduling Conflict in MSD 2.
- The final alignment of the drive system might be off.
- We could have excessive vibration with our stand.