Identify Customer Needs
Table of Contents
Gathering Raw Data: Customer Interviews
Throughout the design process, interviews were performed
to evaluate the needs and requirements. Click the links
below to view background information about each
interviewee from the Project
and Planning Resources page, or click a specific
interview link for a transcript from that interview.
- Dr. Jason Kolodziej
- Interview #1, April 2, 2009, (his office)
- Interview #1, April 27, 2009 (Sr. Design Lab)
- Interview #1,April 28, 2009, (his office)
Raw Data Gathering / Organization
The following raw data has been gathered throughout both formal interview and casual discussion with various parties. The links below can be used to view the data before it was finalized into the developed Customer Needs list in the next section.
The Big Picture for P10236 and Others
The image below shows the general system structure for the complete UAV control system. The telemetry and command links are wireless radio links (dashed arrows) to a ground station, which will show aircraft and controller status, as well as issue navigation or direct input commands as necessary. All arrows indicate some interface, which will require a specification definition.
Reflect on the Results and the Process
- It is notable that by meeting the needs of the RIT UAV platform, the needs of the other customers will be met, since the UAV needs seem much more demanding and complex than other vehicle systems.
- Many impromptu conversations regarding this project have occurred without the benefit of formal logging or note-taking. Although the content of these conversations have been built into the customer needs above, it would be beneficial in the future to try to record these conversations more formally.