The customer desired that we integrate supplied components into an environment-ready, flight-capable package that can record and transmit multi-spectral ground images and associated INS data. This solution should be capable of (if not initially configured for) processing that data in some way, including, but not limited to "stamping" image data with real time INS and GPS data.
- Use Supplied Components
- a. 5MP Visual Camera(s)
- b. IMU
- c. GPS
- d. OEM Camera Processing Board
- Interface to single 5Mpixel Camera through proprietary "D3 Camera" connector.
- Capture 5MP data at 1 FPS
- Capture IMU/GPS data and store to match corresponding photos.
- Make data overlay and processing possible on-board
- Output data from the supplied OEM Board connection for real-time viewing
- Store data internally during flight using an SD card
- Package must include mounting and space necessary for four cameras.
- Package everything to protect it against the
environment and to minimize the size.
- "Everything" Includes:
- (4) visual cameras and their lenses
- (1) IMU sensor
- (1) GPS
- (1) OEM Camera Processing Board
- Any other components necessary for operation
- Position images for ground observations
- Interface package to a light passenger aircraft.
System Engineering Specifications
- a. The system shall use the supplied 5MP Visual Band Camera at 1FPs.
- b. The system shall use the supplied IMU/GPS systems.
- c. The system shall use the supplied OEM Camera Processing Board.
- a. The system shall interface with the customers proprietary software.
- b. The system shall be powered from an external source.
- c. The system shall position the cameras with unobstructed line of sight in a direction perpendicular to the direction of flight on the bottom side of the airplane.
- d. The system shall connect to a programming interface for hardware reconfiguration.
- a. The system shall not exceed
- b. The system shall weigh no more than 15lbs.
- a. The system shall enable configuration of the camera interface
- b. The system shall enable configuration of image compression
- c. The system shall enable configuration of INS interfaces
- a. The system shall store up to 20 minutes worth of image data.
- b. The system shall be able to house 4 cameras at a time.
- a. The system shall store the raw data from the cameras and the INS data to allow for access before the next mission.
- b. The system shall process the images and output the data to the SD card within 10 seconds of the picture being taken.
- c. The system shall transmit the low resolution images within 10 seconds of the pictures being taken out of the OEM Boards 10/100 connector.
Sub- System Engineering Specifications
- a. Given the environmental conditions defined in
the System Engineering Specifications, the packaging
shall maintain the following internal environment for
the electronic components:
- -400C to 850C
- a. Given the environmental conditions defined in the System Engineering Specifications, the packaging shall maintain the following internal environment for the electronic components:
- The packaging shall not degrade the optical performance of the cameras.
- The packaging shall enable replacement of any component within 10 minutes, given a trained user, without custom tools.
- The packaging without electronics installed shall weigh no more than 10lbs
- The external packaging shall not exceed 8in x 6in by 7.5in. (Length x Width x Height)
- The packaging shall allow for some range of mounting configurations
- Processor Board
- a. The Processor board must be able to be
reconfigured for multiple different operations by a
technical expert. Different Operations to include but
not limited to
- i. More than 2 inputs used.
- ii. Overlay of the Camera inputs with the corresponding INS data.
- iii. Change in rate inputs are selected
- b. The processor board shall not exceed 5in x 6in x Height TBD.
- c. The processor board shall weigh no more than 2lbs.
- d. Interfaces
- i. The processor board shall be connected to
the OEM board by
- 1. High speed header
- ii. The processor board shall be powered by GND, +5V.
- iii. The processor board shall be securely mounted to the OEM board to not allow for movement between the boards.
- iv. The Processor Board must be able to communicate with the supplied OEM Camera Processing Board and the onboard storage device simultaneously through high speed connections.
- i. The processor board shall be connected to the OEM board by
- a. The Processor board must be able to be reconfigured for multiple different operations by a technical expert. Different Operations to include but not limited to
- Storage Unit
- a. The Storage unit must be commercially available solution.
- b. The Storage unit must be upgradable and able to remove and replaced within 5 minutes, given a trained user, without custom tools.
- c. The Storage unit shall weigh no more than 1 lb.
- d. The Storage unit shall not exceed 4in x 6in x 3in.
|Return to Main Page|