Generate Product Concepts
Table of Contents
This page is general time line for when the design proposals will be installed and fully operational. They have been broken down into three categories Immediate, Short Term, and Long Term. Further development concepts need further research and analysis until an accurate time frame can be assigned to them
Implementation = Period of time from the conclusion of MSD 1 until concepts are functional and implemented on the batch prep floor.
Immediate:1-2 Week Implementation
- Lifting Guide Implemented
- The cut proof gloves
- Chosen layout implemented into the batch prep room
- Dish rack placed in the batch prep room
Short Term: 1-2 Month Implementation
- Rate of Expectancy plan introduced to batch prep team
- Siphon Pumps for 55 gallon drums replaced with electric or pneumatic pumps
- One or Two Scissor lift carts purchases for a test run with employees
- Pouring apparatus installed
Long Term: 1-2 Year Implementation
- Inventory Management System installed that can track and recall inventory locations for all batch prep incoming ingredients. This would save employees time when they have to search the storage areas for ingredients. It would also ensure that FIFO is used with all ingredients thus decreasing the amounts of waste from perishable ingredients going bad.
Further Development Needed
- A Kaizen could be performed in the batch prep storage area to develop a method for tracking ingredient storage locations. It would require active input from material receivers, batch prep employees, and management. This could be performed in a weeks period during a slower production times.
- Electronic Batch Card - An electronic batch card would eliminate the paper one that is currently in use. It would eliminate the danger of the card being lost or damaged during the day or during storage. This may be able to be linked with a inventory management, or a separate system would need to be implemented. Further research would be needed once an inventory management system was installed.