Friday Jan 14th
Updates from Dr. DeBartolo's meetings
- Need to test accuracy of Test Fixture, will do that today.
- Lindsey will get athletic tape to fix enclosure to chest
- Deadlines for abstracts are Jan. 21st for ASME and March 15 for IEEE
Review project plan
- Circuit is finished.
- Need to buy button.
- Attachment method will be done by next Friday. Testing will start this Monday, Jan 17th.
- Mike needs to finish Sensor Selection section in Technical Paper by Friday.
- Andrei needs to finish Attachment Selection and Test Fixture Construction sections in Technical paper by Friday.
- Maya needs to update Test Plan section in Technical Paper by Friday.
Go over test results for sensor
- Laying it on table, letting it warm up and not letting it warm up, tested with magnet (need to redo magnet testing by moving magnet instead of leaving it stationary)
- Will be testing precision, accuracy, and at specific degrees.
- Can test movements within one test.
- Eric and Mike are writing a draft for the communication protocol.
- Will test first connection on Monday or Tuesday.
- Andrei will order a button today.
- Will wait to put snap attachment on until we receive button.
- Need to get slider and grip material like rubber to add friction to the strap. *Also need denim to stabilize the snap attachment.
Review of technical paper
- See above, need Sensor and Attachment Selection sections, Test fixture section, revised Test Plan section.
Demonstrations for next week
- Demonstrate sensor testing
- Demonstrate attachment
- Demonstrate enclosure
Anything else to add to project plan?
- Abstract for conference, finishing that today. Will review with DeBartolo and submit on Thursday.
- Tasks for Today
- Order button
- Finish abstract
- Buy slider and grip material for head strap, sew strap together
- Test accuracy of test fixture