Friday Jan 7th
Discuss communication protocol
- Eric and Mike will be working on this today.
Benchmarking House of Quality update
- Britt and Lindsey put together a house of quality based on their research and benchmarking. It is based off of a template made by Dr. DeBartolo
Are all algorithms finished?
- Not finished, DeBartolo is aware of this. She is looking to find a book that will help with the matrix algorithms.
- Need to see how the sensor works and figure out if the sensors read info at the same time.
- Also need to ask Base Unit team for help with algorithms and filtering.
Is circuit mounted in enclosure?
- Circuit is mounted into enclosure, usb is not soldered yet.
- Need to find a new button, Mike is looking into this.
Is enclosure finished?
- Almost done, need to attach the straps and snaps. Going to buy straps today.
Review finished test rig
- Test rig is finished, except we need to attach two protractors.
Can we start building attachment on Friday?
- We can put together the knee attachment this weekend.
- We can also make the strap section of the head attachment.
When can we start testing attachment?What part(s) of the entire device can we start testing?
- Yes, we can start testing wearability of the device and displacement before Friday.
- Cannot test durability of enclosure until we solder USB.
Can we start testing sensor connections with base unit?
- Will be testing this today by sending messages to each other.
Should we contact Dr. Gombatto to test sensors using her system?
- Yes, need to contact her next week to set up testing sessions starting Monday, January 17th
Where are we on the technical paper?
- Abstract, some of background, needs and objectives, and attachment testing are somewhat covered. Waiting for actual data to complete those sections.
- Still need sensor selection, attachment selection, and test fixture/construction sections.
- For Background section, we are not sure how much information we should put in about Barbano and Mowder.
Tasks to add to project plan
- Date to finish sensors by is next Friday, January 14th.
- Need to contact Dr. Gombatto to set up testing, testing sensor will begin Monday, January 17th.
- Would like to test prototype on Dr. Barbano's patients during week 9
Tasks for Today
- Mike and Britt - Check with DeBartolo about the algorithm book or check in the math department
- Andrei and Maya - Buy attachment straps and snaps today, decide how to cut and sew straps
- Mike - Demonstrate GUI and sensor connections