P11310: Parabolic Dish Autopoint Solution/public/
Scott Webster is the head Mechanical Designer at L-3 GCS. He has designed the majority of the packaging and casing for L-3 products including that of Panther.
- Major Concern when designing and detailing something like the Panther Product
- Tolerance build up and weight
- What can you do to keep weight down?
- Watch what material you use and the thickness of each. Obviously steel weighs more than aluminum.
- Restrictions in our design process
- Weight(under 72lbs, 50lbs realistically)
- Degree of Accuracy
- Lead Time
- Important aspects of the Autopoint
- Deploy and Stow Position
- Degree of accuracy will be based on what bandwidth you decide to go with.
- X-Band- 2.87degrees, KU- 2.83 degrees, Ka- 1.08 degrees
- Mr. Webster will supply CAD Renditions as requested.