P11401: Portable High Power-Density Energy System/public/
Table of Contents
Collecting Project Background Raw Data
Sponsors and Guides
- Harris RF
- Mr. Phil Bryan
- Dr. Sergey Lyshevski
- The objective of project P11401 is to design and develop a portable energy system. This energy system is to capture and store energy obtained from a renewable environmental source, and deliver it to the WOCCS project family to power a wireless system.
Key Business Goals/Project Deliverable
- The final deliverable of this project will be a power supply that will be used for the WOCCS project family wireless system.
Primary Market/Project Opportunities
- The primary stakeholder for this project is the WOCCS family. The market opportunity is to deliver a high power-density energy storage device to supply power to the wireless system. This wireless system may then be implemented in RIT land vehicle projects, UAV airframe applications, or First Year Enrichment (FYE) robot projects.
Secondary Market/Project Opportunities
- The secondary stakeholder for this project is Harris RF. As a project sponsor, Harris is interested in RIT students developing knowledge and understanding of wireless systems. This will potentially lead to future hires of talented individuals who have become familiar with wireless technology.
Assumptions and Constraints
- This project must harvest and store energy obtained from a renewable source.
- Design must be coordinated with the WOCCS MSD groups
- Design must incorporate use of a Lithium Ion battery
- WOCCS project family MSD groups
- Harris RF
- United States military