|Project Summary||Project Information|
"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
Governing Team Documents
- The Mission Statement of the P11411 identifies the goals of this project in the Sustainable Water Systems track
- The Staffing Requirements of the P11411 identifies the roles and responsibilities of each member
- The Team Values and Norms of the P11411 identifies the expected behavior measures and guidelines each member has agree to abide
- The 1-Page Project Summary (P11411) of the P11411 provides an overview of this project's main elements
- The Intellectual Property Considerations of the P11411 establishes the open-source and open-architecture requirements that each member must abide
Systems Design Review
- The Systems Design Review Agenda documents all of the expected deliverables of the Systems Design Review presentation
- The List of Stakeholders was developed based upon the stakeholders' personal involvement with this project, their expertise in fields relating to this design, and international or cultural experiences
- The Affinity Diagrams graphically organizes the customer needs into basic categories
- The Function Tree graphically demonstrates the functions this device must accomplish
- The Function Diagram graphically demonstrates the manner in which each function relates to one another
- The Project Plan presents the schedule of the project deliverables, milestones, and all pertinent project tasks
- The Identify Customer Needs summarizes the customer needs identified through various discussions, surveys, and interviews of the project stakeholders
- The Voice of the Customer organizes the customer needs and valuates them based on the customer
- The VOC to the VOE demonstrates each engineering metric has origins with a customer need
- The Benchmarks were chosen based on the technology used in Dubai and areas of similar climates
- The Voice of the Engineer identifies which engineering specifications are related to each function, with units of measurement. This will allow the group to measure their progress and benchmark different technologies
- The Risk Assessment identifies the risks associated with completing this project, with respect to the team itself and also the potential project paths
- The Concept Generation presents the process in which concepts for each of the project's functions were generated and weighted to determine feasibility
- The System Design Conclusions identifies the design options for P11411 project
- The Summary of Multinational Deliverable was created to outline the content that will be in the final Multinational Deliverable
Detailed Design Review
- The Detailed Design Review Agenda documents all of the expected deliverables of the Detailed Design Review presentation
- The Test Plan describes each of the tests that need to be preformed in order to validate that the system meets the specifications and has the protocol for each of theses test
- The Plan of Action Document was created in case of any failures that occur during testing that require major design changes to correct.
- The Risk Assessment Update / Problem Management Plan shows the updated assessment of the risks of the assembly, debug, test, and the remaining MSDII elements
- The CAD, Schematics, Drawings displays all of the assemblies, sub assemblies, and parts for the Solar Still, Flat Plate Collector, and Compound Parabolic Collector
- The Bill of Materials identifies all of the materials for the Solar Still, Flat Plate Collector, and Compound Parabolic Collector
- The Feasibility Analysis is the theoretical model and simulations that were completed for each design proposed for this system.
- The Project Plan Update shows the remaining details of MSDI while giving a high level plan for MSDII
- The Flow of Energy Diagram was created to illustrate how energy will be transferred through the system
- The System Specifications displays quantifiable and testable range of values for each of the customer needs that were previously identified
- The Multinational Deliverable summarizes the experiences of students in Dubai and suggests possible solutions to issues encountered during their stay.
- The Manufacturing Plan describes the process to build the system.
- The Instruction Manual provides directions to set up and use the system.
- The Justified Decisions provides reasons for key design decisions.
- Recommendations for future improvement.
- The MSDI Close-Out Action Items provides list of action items from MSDI and their close-out dates.
- The Meeting Agenda MSD Customer Update Week 5 provides the mid quarter project status update.
- The Experimental Results of experimental system testing.
- The P11411 Poster is a single sheet visual summary of the project.
- The Final BOM provides detailed information on the items and cost for the project.
- The ASEE Conference Paper was presented April 29, 2011 at the ASEE Conference.
- The Technical Paper is the final written documentation of the project including results, discussion, and conclusion.
The Presentation will be presented May 18, 2011 as the final oral/visual summary of the project and results.
|Governing Team Documents||Systems Design Review||Detailed Design Review||MSDII|
All Team Documents
|Planning||Concept Level Design||System Level Design||Multi-National and Multi-Cultural Logistics|
Concept Design Review Documents (SD I)
Detailed Design Review Documents (SD I)
Managerial Design Review Presentation (SD I)
Technical Conference Publication (SD II)
Poster Publication (SD II)
Managerial Design Review Presentation (SD II)