Table of Contents
Product Description/Project ObjectivesThis project will be taking a donated reciprocating compressor from Dresser Rand Company, and readying it to be used by RIT students and faculty for research and education purposes.
- Insure designated installation site is clean and cleared out.
- Have all the necessary components to install the compressors; heating and cooling exchange materials, sensors and damping mounts.
- Get the compressor running.
- Acquire a Data Aquistion system.
- Data log all the necessary parameters that Dresser Rand and Dr. Kolodziej recommended for begining of life characterization of compressor performance.
- Fulfill all the education needs from our faculty stakeholders.
Primary Market/Project Opportunities
The primary focus of this project is to install the compressor and data log the begining of life characterization of compressor performance for Dr. Kolodziej, our primary customer. Dr. Kolodziej will use this information to compare data logs as time progresses of the compressor as it gets older and starts to wear down.
Secondary Market/Project Opportunities
The secondary focus of this project is to utilize the compressor educationally either by making homework using data from the compressor or making labs procedures for certain classes.
Assumptions and Constraints
- That the reciprocating compressor will arrive sometime in October. Specific date is unknown.
- The compressor is fully functional, just needs required electricity and heating and cooling exchange components.
- We will somehow get a Data Acquistion system.
- The predicted Dresser Rand specs are equivalent to the actual values.
- Dr. Kolodziej
- Dresser Rand
- Dr. Hensel, RIT Faculty and students