Table of Contents
Collecting Project Background Raw Data
Interactions with Sponsors
What you need to capture in this section is the raw data that will allow you to complete the information in the remaining headings. The outcome of this sections need to be the following:
- Project sponsor clearly identified & verified
- Faculty guide clearly identified and verified
- Project Objective Statement/Mission Clearly Understood
- Key Stakeholders Identified
- Final Deliverables Understood
Prepare a report on your sponsor interactions. Following the text by Ulrich and Eppinger, this report may include
- Transcripts of Interview(s) with sponsors
- Audio Recordings
- Video Recordings
- Still Photography
Provide a transcript, or at least a paraphrased version of the interviews that you conduct. Allow the students interested in this project to understand the types of questions you asked the sponsor, and to hear how the sponsor responded. Be sure to note the date, time, location, and participants in the interview. The format below may be helpful.
- First Sponsor Interview
- Interviewers: I.M. Student, S.R. Yu
- Sponsor: Ms. Smith
- Date 1 September 2006, Mobil Conference Room
- Interviewer: First we would like to introduce ourselves ....
- Would you please introduce yourself as well?
- Sponsor: My name is Ms. Smith, and I have been with my company for 73 years. I am interested in working with your design team because ...
- Interviewer: Question 2 ....
- Sponsor: Response 2 ...
- Interviewer: Question 3 ....
- Sponsor: Response 3 ...
- Interviewer: Question 4 ....
- Sponsor: Response 4 ...
Product Description/Project Objective StatementTo develop a means and method to accurately estimate the current state of a returning bearings physical life.
Key Business Goals/Project Deliverables
Primary Market/Project OpportunitiesA significant reduction in running cost seen by Xerox by removing a source of unnecessary waste.
Secondary Market/Project Opportunities
Assumptions and Constraints
- Xerox Emplyees: Melissa and Erwin
- Manufacturing Employees