1-page Project Description
Discerning gloss visually is a simple procedure of looking at the reflectivity. However, the current method to characterize gloss is highly erratic and does not properly equate a value to variations of gloss. The objective of this project is to automate the last iteration of the Microgoniophotometer. The Microgoniophotometer is a device that measures the gloss on a paper surface. Currently the device utilizes a very manually intensive process to procure this number. The last iteration failed to create a user-friendly device that could allow any layman to take a measurement. The purpose of this team is to design, build, and implement optimized concepts that will remove the current setup and create a fully-automated system.
Collecting Project Background Raw Data
Interactions with Sponsors
What you need to capture in this section is the raw data that will allow you to complete the information in the remaining headings. The outcome of this sections need to be the following:
- Project sponsor clearly identified & verified
- Faculty guide clearly identified and verified
- Project Objective Statement/Mission Clearly Understood
- Key Stakeholders Identified
- Final Deliverables Understood
Prepare a report on your sponsor interactions. Following the text by Ulrich and Eppinger, this report may include
- Transcripts of Interview(s) with sponsors
- Audio Recordings
- Video Recordings
- Still Photography
Provide a transcript, or at least a paraphrased version of the interviews that you conduct. Allow the students interested in this project to understand the types of questions you asked the sponsor, and to hear how the sponsor responded. Be sure to note the date, time, location, and participants in the interview. The format below may be helpful.
- First Sponsor Interview
- Interviewers: I.M. Student, S.R. Yu
- Sponsor: Ms. Smith
- Date 1 September 2006, Mobil Conference Room
- Interviewer: First we would like to introduce ourselves ....
- Would you please introduce yourself as well?
- Sponsor: My name is Ms. Smith, and I have been with my company for 73 years. I am interested in working with your design team because ...
- Interviewer: Question 2 ....
- Sponsor: Response 2 ...
- Interviewer: Question 3 ....
- Sponsor: Response 3 ...
- Interviewer: Question 4 ....
- Sponsor: Response 4 ...