P11566: ITT Magnetic Damper/public/
Drawing and Schematics
Damper Drawings and Schematics
- 6-32 Hex Machine Screw - Referenced from McMaster-Carr.
- RC4C-N52 Magnet - Referenced from K&J Magnetics
Test Apparatus Drawing and Schematics
- test1_free_damper. A high-level schematic drawing of the swinging-mass method of exciting the damper; output is the motion of the mass relative to the input motion of damper.
- test2_fixed_damper. A high-level schematic drawing of the fixed-damper method of exciting the damper; output is energy consumed by motor that is turned around and dissipated by the damper.
- Both testing methods may become obsolete pending Ben's meeting with Dr. Lam about using the Stinger table in the Vibrations lab instead.